ControlLogix Motion Control - Programming using RSLogix5000Course Code: GBR4021
Duration: 3 Days
Register for this class
The ControlLogix system takes a new approach to integrating motion and sequential control. ControlLogix achieves this by embedding motion control functions in the Logix5000 controllers and RSLogix5000 programming software. This course looks at setting up development and programming of a motion control application on this highly integrated control platform.
Upon completion of the course the delegate will be able to:
- Identify the major components of a motion system
- Develop motion control applications
- Tune a system for optimum response
- Perform basic motion operations using ControlLogix
- Take backup copies and restore existing motion application programs into a ControlLogix controller
Who Should Attend?
This course is of maximum benefit to delegates who will be required to develop and maintain motion control applications that use ControlLogix controllers.
Delegates must have experience of RSLogix5000 and ControlLogix Ladder Logic at least to the level covered in the course GBR1043, ControlLogix Maintenance Using RSLogix5000 Part 1.
Familiarisation with the fundamentals of motion control would be an advantage.
- Configuring a Logix5000 system for motion control
- Configuring analog axes
- Configuring SERCOS axes
- Tuning axes
- Accessing motion control system variables
- Programming a fault recovery routine
- Programming basic motion routines
- Programming motion group functions
- Programming electronic gearing routines
- Producing and consuming axes
- Using virtual axes